Friday, May 21, 2004

Yesterday after leaving work, I took a little trip down Fish Hatch to the Copps Food Emporium. God my neck still hurts. Sometimes when you go shopping, you sort of get stuck on track with another shopper, and you keep passing himer in every aisle, you know? Now I don't wanna be mean or anything, so I've decided not to finish this story. Luckily I was able to meet Annie in person last night. I'm glad I know everyone on the blog again, because internet-only relationships are always a bit like strange. Yesterday, ask Soup and Kat, I was able to put my knees together, lock them, bend over, and place my palms flat against the floor. I've been conditioning myself for months to be able to do this -- so I'm going to need a new goal. The world is making it more and more difficult for me to send text messages to my eurofriends. When a subscriber to the services of T-Mobile, I was able to send them messages directly from my phone. Before that, I was able to use http://www.msn.de/ to send them. That feature has since been retracted, and now I am no longer a customer of T-Mobile. As I discussed with a few buddies last night, Sprint does all in a sort of weirdish format, so I'm not able to send messages abroad. The internet has been stripped of pretty much all means of sending these messages. I was once upon a time even able to send them from ICQ. Yesterday I discovered a site that offers ONE free SMS (as they call them) per day. Oh and I love how cliche this is about to sound. I clearly recall first landing in O'Hare, and the sinking that came with it. The cars, and the smell, and the woman talking about this delicious casserole she makes. That still makes me sick. I hated it for the longest time, and I was so ridiculously vocal about it. I eventually pushed all of that aside, as it was interfering and I guess I just had to grow used to what was happening -- but a kind of uncomfort has nonetheless remained attached across these years, more evident at times than others. I can be good at ignoring what I will. Anyway I've been weak. Just like I once would always say, boredom eats at me (nice and slowly). It really has been a while though; I had a good run there. Thunderstorms will draw the most peculiar confessions from people. Now some Britney: I was shaking my ass in the streets this morning. Yesterday I lied in my post when I said that I'd confronted wet pants. I don't know why I did it -- it just didn't feel like a lie. An hour or two later I was at the sink, filling up the watering canister, when the hose escaped and sprayed a stream all over my pants. God is just so fucking hilarious. I can't believe this is happening again.