Wednesday, May 19, 2004

We're going to see MEAN GIRLS tonight -- so anyone who wants to go should call me today.

What's this photoshoot madness all about anyway?

Here's a story that took place two nights ago on my way home from the Echo Tap. Well wait -- first I'm going to back up a few minutes. I want to demonstrate how my life works. I had been thinking about leaving the Tap for at least a half hour. Very suddenly I stood up without even telling myself to, said the byes, and left. I was walking on Main towards my house and just as I was about to cross Basset, a car sped by. I began to make my way across the street when I watched the car slam full speed into another car that had begun crossing Basset at Doty. I then altered my course by walking up Basset to inspect the situation. People (covered in airbag dusts) got out of their cars and made calls on their little phones. There was nothing I could have done, so I turned and walked down Doty. That same day I had not gone to work. I had forgotten that I was supposed to arrive at 6.00 am, and when people are asked to come in at this time, it's important that they do so. Only two people arrive that early, and it's not allowed for one to enter the building alone. This means that if one doesn't show up, the other has to wait around until someone else strolls in -- whenever that happens to be. So I woke up at 7 (like usual -- as I typically work at 8.00) and suddenly remembered what I had done. I had one of those just-awoke panic sessions and made up a story about a family emergency. In reality I could have gone in and it wouldn't have been too big of a deal. Classic action nonetheless. I sat around for a while, taking care of some business, when I decided to drive to the West Towne area and get an application for a second job at The Camera Company. I took a strange way for some reason. I went to University and just never felt like leaving the left-most lane. So this eventually turns into Old University -- which does me no good. I figured that I should be on Regent anyway, so I took a left by the stadium. There was a cop around and he played a part in my motives as well, but I don't want to get into that. Anyway I drove pretty slow down this stadium street because of that cop. Just as I got to Regent to make a right turn, the light turned red. After several seconds, I see my neigbor make a right turn from Regent onto the street I had just driven down. We wave.