Friday, May 21, 2004

I have a friend named Katie. Well, you know I likely have several, but this Katie has a son. Several years ago she lost her man in a motorcycle accident. The boy is now about eight, and they're doing fine thanks. But at some point following the incident, Katie began noticing that she had been seeing dimes on the street, floor, and ground more than usual. It became more common as time passed, and the frequency of these crossings got to be so incredibly uncanny that she decided to search the internet on the subject of finding dimes. What she found were several testimonials, written by people who had also lost and were mourning dear loved ones. I was in New York with Katie, and she found one after stepping off the plane, upon getting onto a subway, while walking out on the streets, and at least one more. That was within two or three days. Now of course it's not that strange, these things happen, but I couldn't help but feel this overwhelming urge to cry and cry when the situation was explained to me. That gives the unseen energy of it all a bit more cred -- know what I mean? Anyway, the internet is really starting to freak me out. By the way Soup get that catsup OUT of my refrigerator because I will throw it out if I keep having to see its nastiness in my house. But the internet is seriously starting to freak me out. I'm so confused because I never really can tell what a person's motive for anything is but at the same time of course I totally can -- and do. There's always been a strong sense of intuition concerning people somewhere inside, and while so many hide behind these internet masks, believing themselves to be disguised or ambiguous, really they're just making themselves so catergorizable and obvious. Seriously I can't believe I wrote that because I have really no idea to which parties or happenings I'm referring. Maybe everyone feels like this, I don't know. The point is, I can't wait until I don't have any of this anymore. Take it all -- and I hope I never want it back. I am so miserable at work today and my being in such a baseless foul state is a rare thing. Ok wait I feel better. Tessa will be in Madison this weekend -- or should I go to Chicago with my mom?

Sherah: The second to last sentence in this may or may not be the most ridiculously funny thing I've ever read.