Monday, June 14, 2004

Last night, Amelia and I brought our laundry down to the 'mat on E Johnson and had a drink next door at The Caribou while our clothes got clean. We liked it so much, it just might become a Sunday night routine.

Today a guy forgot his keys on the counter at the cafe and i got to run down the street after him in my apron. It probably looked like he had stolen something, which I got a kick out of. Last week, a similar scene occurred when a coworker of mine ran (in his apron) after our Mexican dish washer, Ariel, because Ariel had played some dirty trick and Kevin wanted to get him back. Anyway, some police officers saw it and started questioning Ariel. After discovering that he actually had $100 in unpaid tickets, they took him to the station until his uncle Fernando (our other dish washer) could bring over some money.

D, we're having a vote on getting air conditioning. Don't miss the ballot by the front door. I'll probably come over and help you/watch you pack, though. When do you want to DoIt?

Shari, I met a boy who plays kickball with you today. I don't know his name but he has black hair and black rimmed glasses and works at Urban Outfitters. Know him?

Soup, you should have come in and joined us! But that makes me wonder how many people who aren't our friends watch us through that huge window at night. Spooooooky.