Saturday, June 12, 2004

D, it breaks all of our hearts to hear the disappointment in your voice. Today I felt powerful in my new green shirt. There are blonde children in my house; the siblings of my roommate who isn't supposed to live here anymore. They are arguing and asking their mother where their names came from. She is sipping her Heinekin (I'm having one too) and telling them, anticlimactically, about how she found Calla and Sage in a book. Shortly I am to sit on our front porch and watch the boys play basketball across the street with Amelia who has just opened a Heinekin of her very own. Last night I sang "Heard it Through the Grapevine" with my best friend Mollie at Karaoke Kid, because it was her twenty first birthday and we wanted to do something very special like that. Presently it has been announced that some kid who looks like David is here, and that means I should stop being anti-social and welcome my friend Charlie and do the porch with Amelia. I miss D. People may think they look alike but Charlie doesn't quite cut it.